Is it right time for visiting Sivasamudram falls in the rains. Is there any other places nearby or in and around to visit ? Please Share if so
-Right time to visit ShivanaSamudra is mid august to mid November. Below is the package I got from KSTDC website
Somanthpur – Shivanasamudra – Ranganthittu Bird Sanctuary (1 day)
Covers Gaganachukki Falls (Shivanasumudra), Hoysala temple at Somanathpur & Ranganthittu Bird Sanctuary (During Season – July to Oct.)
Frequency – Every Sunday & Holidays
· Dep: 7.15 am
· Arr: 09.00 pm
Fare: · Rs. 550/- Per person
· 07.15 am Departure from Badami House, Bangalore*
· 08.45 am – 09.00 am Break at Channapatna
· 09.20 am – 09.45 am Breakfast at Karnataka Restaurant Maddur
· 10.45 am – 11.45 am Visit Ganganchukki & Barachukki Falls
· 12.45 pm arrival at Somanathpur
· 12.45 pm – 01.30 pm Visit Somanathpur Temple, Hoysala style architecture
· 02.00 pm arrive at Srirangapatna
· 02.00 pm – 03.00 pm Lunch at Karnataka Hotels Srirangapatna
· 03.15 pm arrive at Ranganathittu
· 03.15 pm – 05.15 pm Visit Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary
· 05.30 pm – 06.00 pm Visit Ranganathaswamy Temple, Srirangapatna
· 09.00 pm Tour ends at Badami house, Bangalore
1. All entrance fees will have to be borne by travelers booked on this tour
Minimum of10 travelers required for operation of the trip
Neither Karnatakaholidays.net nor its staff are responsible for loss of cash or valuables during the tour
* Travelers need to report at the departure counters 20 minutes before departure. Counters close 5 minutes before departure
BMTC doesn’t come under Bangaluru I guess
But even BMTC has not changed it. Still it is “Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation”.
I remember a dialogue from Naygan film “Avane Nirutha Sollu Naan Niruthuren” (Translation:- Let him stop first)
I agree. But I think it will take time. Even for Bengaluru. Still there is confusion among people between Bangalore/Bengaluru/Bengalooru. May be the regional script is spelled properly. It is not so easy to cope up with name change for a place /city.
Well, This is because of a small misconception. If you check government milestones, green distance boards and Karnataka tourism boards. The name is “ShivanaSamudra”. And it’s official too. If we don’t use the official name. Who will? Still “Bangalore” has not become “Bengaluru” because of this.
This confusion is always there. Even the locals and cab drivers know it by shivasamudram falls. I think this common name is more famous than the actual Shivanasamudra. But what is in the name as far as the cab driver takes me to the right spot.
It is ShivanaSamudra
Is it shivasamudram or sivasamudram?
Further replies to this question are disabled. If you need more information you can ask a new question by clicking here
Enter your email: get latest questions in your inbox: