I’m planning to visit Himachal this July for my honeymoon, I have my marriage in late June. I have decided a few places which I would like to visit but I’m not too sure because of the rains in July. Kindly help me out with a few questions that I have about this Himachal in India:
Duration: 10-12 days
Date: 1 July 2009 onwards
First Destination: Manali (1-2 days max. including day of arrival)
Plan as of now: Mumbai – Chandigarh by flight. Chandigarh – Manali by taxi or hire car.
Here are my questions:
1. Are 2 days enough for Manali? I am planning to stay in Iceland hotel in Solang Valley near Manali. How much is the rent, any idea? Any other hotels you can suggest?
2. After Manali, what? I read that some of the roads are notorious for landslides etc. when it rains, so I am not sure about my itinerary. Can we do a Lahaul, Spiti trip and then have some sort of a trek in the Himalayan National Park, all within the remaining 6 days? Please suggest some places which are safe to go in July weather!
3. I would love to visit a place where there is snow. Does Rohtang Pass have snow in the first week of July (I saw that Rohtang pass is on the way from Manali to Lahaul etc.)?
4. How much is the average cost of a normal hotel in these places per day? (I know it varies from place to place, just some round figure will do, for something like a 3-star hotel with basic amenities).
5. What about car rent cost per day (preferably from Chandigarh all the way through my trip and back to Chandigarh).
Please help me out here guys, I wish you’ll can help me visit some of the best places for my honeymoon.
Thanks a lot,